There’s no place like home. Sometimes we are on the road and growing weary from lack of sleep. Whether you’re traveling for vacation or business, a good night’s sleep will make whatever tomorrow brings much more bearable!
Honor your bedtime routines
Think about what you normally do before bed. Maybe you already have healthy habits and maybe you’re ready to create some. Here are some important things to be mindful of before bed:
- Stay away from caffeine other than in the mornings.
- Power down and take time to relax without the lights of a screen.
- Read, stretch, do yoga, read a book.
- Take a walk or do some other form of exercise. Being active promotes melatonin which helps you feel tired.
Atmosphere is everything
Creating a relaxing environment helps your body to unwind and release stresses so that you’re ready for restful sleep. Try following these tips for a more restful atmosphere:
- Turn down the lights/ close the curtains for an hour before bed.
- Create a calm environment with sounds. If there are too many noises, try some earplugs.
- Spray lavender on your pillow or put on some oils. Lavender is associated with rest and relaxation and naturally promotes sleepiness.
- Control the temperature and achieve optimal sleep by staying between 60 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit.
When it’s time to sleep, make your space as dark as possible. Darkness promotes deep, restful sleep while light promotes being alert. Pull curtains closed, turn off lights and screens, and consider wearing a sleep mask.
Some noises, such as white noise or relaxing music, help create a calm and restful atmosphere. Other noises may cause disruption. If you are concerned that noises may be a problem, consider packing earplugs to block out disturbing sounds.
Bring the home-feel with you.
Especially when you are traveling for an extended period, consider bringing some pieces of home with you. A pillow or blanket may do more than make a space look familiar, it may also help you to feel more relaxed and at home.
Finding comfort while traveling can make any trip more enjoyable; all the comforts and conveniences of home while you’re away. The Beverly is a suburban extended stay travel service for vacation, weekend getaways, or corporate travel and is in the neighborhood of North Beverly, MA. With 20 premium suites designed for comfort and enjoyment, you’ll find comfort whether your stay with us is one night, one week, or more. Our extended stay apartment-style rooms include free wi-fi, fully equipped kitchens, flexible check-in schedules, keyless entry, and mobile concierge. The Beverly’s location is in the center of downtown Beverly with easy access to transport, strategically close to the Cummings Center, Beverly Hospital, and local colleges, and offers a great selection of restaurants and shops close by and is walking distance from the train to Boston. Visit our website, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 978-296-8613 for additional information.